Charlotte Tilbury would have to be up there as one of the most luxe beauty brands on the market and I for one get very excited when I hear about a new product launch. Not only do her products look absolutely beautiful, they're also amazing quality and I've not been disappointed with anything I've tried so far.
With this being said, I was very excited to hear about her latest launch - the Instant Look in a palette, also described as 'the five minute face on the go'. I love palettes in general but palettes that contain virtually a whole makeup look in one handy little compact are so convenient and perfect for someone like me who is usually always rushing around and needs something I can quickly grab in the morning or use on the go. I'm always on trains and have had to master the art of applying my makeup on them so something like this is perfect for those days when I'm travelling.
As you can see from the images, this new palette contains seven products that will help to give your eyes, complexion and cheeks a radiant glow! Charlotte describe this palette as an 'all-in-one beauty palette that every woman needs in her beauty kit for day to evening makeup!' and I'd have to agree - the neutral colours make this palette ideal for all occasions, day or night. Here's a little overview of the shades included and where they're supposed to be used.
1. Eye Brighten - This is what I'd describe as a pinky beige shade and this is to be used all over the lid to brighten and colour correct as well as priming the lid for the other shadows and an all-day application. It has a lovely creamy texture and is totally matte.
2. Eye Enhance - A beautiful champagne shade with a slight shimmer to add another dimension to the eye look. This is my favourite kind of shade to wear on my eyes as I think it compliments blue eyes really well and is also great to brighten the inner corner. Again, the texture is very creamy and the shimmer is lovely and metallic without being OTT or glittery. This shade can be built up to be more intense if you wanted an evening look.
3. Eye Smoke - The darkest of the three eyeshadow shades, this is designed to define the eyes and add some depth to the crease. It's a beautiful soft brown shade that would suit all skin tones. I love how pigmented this one is - you only need the lightest dab of product to get great colour pay off. It's also a matte shade which I personally love as I don't really like to use anything shimmery on the crease.
4. Face Bronzer - I've heard so much about Charlotte's film star bronze & glow palette but I've never got round to trying it so when I found out this palette has the same formula, I was very excited. This bronzer is fab for contouring the face as the colour is very natural. It isn't too Orange but also isn't too ashy like some contour products can be - it's the perfect in-between shade. I've also been using it as an all over face bronzer to warm up my complexion and it works a treat.
5. Cheek Swish - I'm not a massive fan of wearing blush as I have quite a round face and feel blush emphasises that even more but I may have been converted by this one. It's a really pretty Coral shade and adds a nice natural looking radiance to the skin rather than really rosy cheeks which is the look I'm not keen on. Charlotte says this is to be applied to the apple of the cheek and blended out but I tend to apply is just below my cheekbones instead.
6. Cheek Pop - This shade is designed to be added to the apples of the cheeks to add a 'natural lit-from-within glow' and although it's a lovely pretty pink shade, it's not very me. As I said, I'm not into wearing blush on the apples of my cheeks as it seems to make my face look more round. However, it is a beautiful shade so if you love Pink blush, I'm sure you'll love it.
7. Face Highlighter - I do love me a good highlighter and this one is beautiful. It's a gorgeous candlelit shade and adds a subtle but beautiful radiance to the skin. The powder is so fine so it adds a lovely glow to the skin and blends in with bronzer and blush seamlessly.
Overall I'd say this is a great palette as it's really handy, great for travelling and all of the shades are really neutral and perfect for everyday use. I love how the shades have been numbered too so you know exactly which order to use them in. I know it might be quite self explanatory but for people who aren't all that knowledgeable on makeup and need a bit more help with application, this is perfect. It retails for £49 which seems fairly reasonable when you compare it to the price of Charlotte's other products. You can get it online here or from counters nationwide.
Do you like the look of this palette?!